Gentle Birth, Gentle Mothering
by Dr. Sarah J Buckley MD
The wisdom and science of gentle choices in pregnancy, birth, and parenting.
There are so many choices to make as a mother and mother-to-be. You want the best experiences for you and your baby, but you do not want to sacrifice safety. You want to be close and loving with your little ones, but you do not want to cause later problems. You want all the information, presented in an intelligent and straightforward way so that you can make the best and most informed choices for your family.
Gentle Birth, Gentle Mothering: The wisdom and science of gentle choices in pregnancy, birth, and parenting is the book you have been waiting for.
Written by Sarah J Buckley, family physician/GP, and mother of four, Gentle Birth, Gentle Mothering gives you the WHOLE story to help you with your most important decisions, including
- How can I increase my chances of natural birth?
- Should I accept prenatal tests?
- Is ultrasound safe for my baby?
- Are there risks involved with induction?
- What about pain relief in labor?
- Are epidurals safe for my baby?
- What are the risks and benefits of choosing a cesarean?
- What other birth choices will give me and my baby a safe and easy start?
- Is cord blood banking a good idea?
- Could I safely have my baby at home?
All of the articles in Gentle Birth, Gentle Mothering have been published in parenting magazines and professional journals worldwide, including Mothering (US), the Mother (UK), MIDIRS Midwifery Digest (UK), Midwifery Today (US), Byron Child (Australia), and Natural Parenting (Aus), and all have been expanded and updated for this collection.